- DTSBDC in Washington Post Spring Arts Preview 14 February, 2015
Dance critic Sarah Kaufman lists Dana Tai Soon Burgess Dance Company’s March 26 performance at the Kreeger Museum as one of the “Five to Watch” in the Dance section of Washington Post’s 2015 Spring Arts Preview
Link to the article (scroll down to “Five to Watch”)
- DTSBDC’s Open Rehearsals at the Kreeger Museum featured in The Georgetowner 8 February, 2015
Dana’s open rehearsals at the Kreeger Museum were also featured on the front page of the Washington, DC publication The Georgetowner. Download the issue (PDF format)
- DTSBDC’s Open Rehearsals at the Kreeger Museum featured in The Northwest Current 1 February, 2015
A photo of Dana and his dancers rehearsing at the Kreeger Museum was featured on the front page of the Washington, DC publication The Northwest Current. The rehearsal took place on January 24, 2015 and was one of three open rehearsals that will be held during DTSBDC’s residency at the museum. Open rehearsals will also be held February 21 and March 14. Download the issue (PDF format)
- DTSBDC reception at Peru Embassy residence featured in The Georgetowner 6 December, 2014
Peruvian Ambassador Harold Forsyth and his wife Veronica hosted a beautiful reception at their home to celebrate Dana Tai Soon Burgess as Washington DC’s Diplomat of Dance. Guests were treated to a performance of Dana’s work Chino Latino.
DC publication The Georgetowner was there. Check out the article and photos
- The new Diplomats of Dance Society celebrates DTSBDC 5 September, 2014
The inaugural event of the Diplomats of Dance Society, a new Washington, DC based association of young professionals and arts-lovers who celebrate dance, visual arts and culture in support of the Dana Tai Soon Burgess Dance Company, was featured in the K Street Magazine.
- Dana is featured at Smithsonian.com 28 June, 2014
DTSBDC’s residency with NPG featured in Smithsonian magazine article
Dana is featured in “How Museums and the Arts are Presenting Identity So That It Unites, Not Divides”, a smithsonian.com article written by National Portrait Gallery curator and cultural historian Amy Henderson.
- Reviews of “Confluence” at the National Portrait Gallery 26 April, 2014
Read the latest reviews of the April 19, 2014 premiere of Dana’s new work “Confluence” at the National Portrait Gallery:
George Jackson, danceviewtimes
Ellen Kwatnoski, ellenkwatnoski.com
- DTSBDC Fundraiser featured in The Georgetowner 14 April, 2014
DTSBDC Spring Fundraiser at Bistrot Lepic
DTSBDC’s Spring Fundraiser at Bistrot Lepic in Washington, DC was featured in The Georgetowner. Money raised will help support the company as Dana choreographs new dance works in their year-long residency at the National Portrait Gallery.
Check out the article and photos.
- February 2014 DTSBDC Kennedy Center performance reviewed in Washington Post 17 March, 2014
“Dana Tai Soon Burgess’s dance pieces at Kennedy Center revel in the still moments”
Read Sarah Kaufman’s review of DTSBDC’s performance at the Kennedy Center.
- DTSBDC Kennedy Center performance featured in The Georgetowner 14 February, 2014
The Georgetowner featured last weekend’s DTSBDC performance and post-performance reception at the Kennedy Center. The reception was hosted by Ambassador of Gabon Michael Moussa-Adamo. Check out the article and photos
- DTSBDC NPG Preview featured in Georgetowner 10 December, 2013
The November 26, 2013 preview of Dana’s new work Homage inspired by the National Portrait Gallery’s exhibition Dancing the Dream was featured in an Georgetowner article.
- Premier of “Homage” reviewed in danceviewtimes 22 November, 2013
Read George Jackson’s review of DTSBDC’s premier performance of Homage at the National Portrait Gallery.
- National Portrait Gallery performance featured in The Georgetowner 20 November, 2013
The Georgetowner featured Dana Tai Soon Burgess Dance Company’s November 16, 2013 performance of a new work Homage choreographed by Dana as part of his year-long as the first-ever choreographer-in-residence at the National Portrait Gallery. Check out the article and performance photos.
- Washington Post visits DTSBDC’s open rehearsal at the NPG 23 October, 2013
Check out the Washington Post article about DTSBDC’s residency at the National Portrait Gallery and the current open rehearsals that are taking place as Dana choreographs the new work “Homage” inspired by the “Dancing the Dream” exhibit. Open rehearsals will continue Saturday October 26 and November 2 from 11:30am -3:00pm. The performance will be November 16 at the National Portrait Gallery. Admission is free.
- DTSBDC featured in The Georgetowner! 23 August, 2013
Check out the article in The Georgetowner featuring photos of DTSBDC’s performance at the National Gallery of Art.
- DTSBDC featured by PBS Newshour 14 August, 2013
Dana and his dancers were featured in an article and video at the PBS Newshour site about the Diaghilev and the Ballets Russes, 1909–1929: When Art Danced with Music exhibit at the National Gallery of Art.
- Dancing to the heart of the matter 25 April, 2013
Sarah Kaufman of the Washington Post writes about Dana and the 20th anniversary of DTSB&Co
- The Best Dance of 2012 25 April, 2013
DTSBDC featured in Washington Post’s Dance Highlights of 2012
The company’s 20th Anniversary Fall performance was first on Sarah Kaufman’s list of dance highlights in 2012 in the Washington Post
The Best Dance of 2012
- Rave Reviews and press for DTSBDC Fall Season 25 September, 2012
Reviews of DTSBDC’s 20th Anniversary Fall Performance
Sarah Kaufman of the Washington Post
Rick Westerkamp of DC Metro Theater Arts
Press for DTSBDC’s 20th Anniversary Fall Performance
Washington Post’s Sarah Kaufman attends a DTSBDC rehearsal and talks about DTSBDC’s longevity and recent accomplishments/events.
- Interview with Dana Tai Soon Burgess on Korean TV 1 August, 2012
Susan Lee MacDonald interviews Dana Tai Soon Burgess for Korean TV
Check out Susan Lee MacDonald’s in depth interview with Dana for INNERview on Arirang TV, the English broadcasting station based in Korea. Susan visits the dance studio and talks to Dana’s dancers and others to bring his artistic vision into focus.
- Dana Tai Soon Burgess receives commendation 1 June, 2012
Dana Tai Soon Burgess receives commendation APAI community involvement
Dana recently received an Asian Pacific Islander American Commendation of Appreciation from Washington, DC mayor Vincent Gray for the company’s work in the community.